Summative English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) Assessment: Estimated Testing Times
The computer–based Summative ELPAC is an untimed test. Students are allowed as much time as they need to complete their responses in each domain (i.e., Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing).
The testing schedule may be adjusted to give students sufficient breaks to avoid fatigue. The test may be administered over the course of several days.
- Kindergarten through grade two: An entire domain is recommended to be administered in a single sitting, when possible.
- Grades three through twelve: The entire Listening domain and Speaking domain is recommended to be administered in a single sitting, when possible.
- Grades three through twelve: The Reading domain and Writing domain is recommended to be administered in either one or two sessions based on scheduling constraints.
There are six different test forms for the Summative ELPAC administration: Form 1, Form 2, Form 3, Form 4, Form 5, and Form 6. Test forms are assigned at the LEA level. Navigate to the Summative ELPAC Forms Assignment web page to use the lookup tool to view your LEA’s assigned test form. Select your LEA’s corresponding Form for estimated testing times.
The braille estimated testing times align to Form 1.
- Form 1 Estimated Testing Times
- Form 2 Estimated Testing Times
- Form 3 Estimated Testing Times
- Form 4 and 5 Estimated Testing Times
- Form 6 Estimated Testing Times