This page contains resources for technology coordinators and other local educational agency (LEA) staff responsible for managing the technology for online English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) and California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) testing.
Secure Browsers web page
- A secure browser is required on every student device for online testing.
- The Secure Browsers web page provides information about supported operating systems and devices, and how to download a secure browser to supported devices.
Web-based Student Testing Interface
- The Student Testing Interface should be opened by test examiners administering the Initial ELPAC, the Summative ELPAC Reading, Listening, and Speaking domain for students in K–2 and the Speaking domain for K–12 students.
Network and System Diagnostics
Network Diagnostics web page
- This web page allows users to select the test and expected number of test takers to which reports network download and upload capacity to verify adequate bandwidth for testing.
- This manual provides detailed information about hardware and software, peripheral equipment requirements, as well as details on network and secure browser configuration.
- The Technology Coordinator Checklist is meant to organize the activities necessary to ensure the successful administration of the CAASPP and ELPAC assessments, including interim assessments.
ELPAC Planned System Downtime web page
CAASPP Planned System Downtime web page
- These web pages display dates when various systems will be unavailable for testing.
- They include regular weekend maintenance dates that will be used only if needed.
Technical Issues and Enhancements
ELPAC Known Issues Log web page
CAASPP Known Issues Log web page
- These web pages display known issues that have an impact on testing and resolutions to the issues once identified.
ELPAC System Enhancements web page
CAASPP System Enhancements web page
- These web pages include planned system enhancements and estimated release dates.
ELPAC Coordinator Emails web page
CAASPP Coordinator Emails web page
- These web pages display links to email communications that were sent to LEA coordinators, technology coordinators, and other LEA staff.
- Archived emails contain information about updates to supported operating systems and browsers, as well as planned system downtime.
Technology Readiness Checker for Students (TRCS)
- The TRCS is a game-like tool students navigate to create a storyboard. The navigation through the TRCS is similar to the navigation used in a computer-based assessment and can be used to identify the student’s technology readiness.
- The TRCS is not an assessment, does not provide scores, and is entirely optional.