English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) Score Reporting
Student Score Reports (SSRs) for 2020–21
For this test administration year, the additional flexibility offered in test administration impacts the timeline for reporting 2020–21 results. LEAs may receive electronic SSRs and Student Score Data Files for the Summative ELPAC later than they had in prior years for the following reasons:
- Additional analyses are being performed to ensure the validity of the results across remote and in-person testing.
- Because of the extension of the test administration window to July 30, 2021, and the flexibility offered, it may take a longer than it does in a typical year for results from enough representative test takers across the state to be received and to be able to conduct these analyses.
To view sample SSRs, visit the ELPAC Sample Student Score Reports web page.
|Summative ELPAC SSR Type||Pages Per SSR||Estimated Release|
|First release of Kindergarten through Grade Twelve SSRs||2||June 24, 2021|
|On-going release of Kindergarten through Grade Twelve SSRs twice a week after June 25, 2021||2||Tentatively on Tuesday and Friday|
|Final release of any remaining SSRs for all grades including Kindergarten through Grade Two Answer Books returned to ETS by August 13,2021||2||Mid-September, 2021|
|Video Score Reports||N/A||Late October, 2021|
Initial ELPAC SSRs are available throughout the year.
ELPAC Student Data File Layout
- Summative ELPAC Participation and Scoring (Posted 05/10/21)
- Alternate ELPAC Participation and Scoring (Posted 05/10/21)
- 2020–2021 Initial ELPAC Student Data File Layout (Updated 08/18/20)
- 2020–2021 ELPAC Aggregate Electronic Summary Report Specifications (Posted 04/12/21)
- 2020–2021 Summative ELPAC Student Data File Layout (Coming Soon)
- 2019–2020 Summative ELPAC Student Data File Layout (Updated 10/12/20)
- Creating Groups in the California Educator Reporting System (Video; 06:50) (Posted 12/23/20)
- 2020–2021 California Educator Reporting System (CERS) User Guide (Posted 10/29/20)
- 2019–2020 Summative ELPAC Post-Test Guide (Posted 05/15/20)
Providing Student Score Reports
SSRs are available electronically, and LEAs can provide SSRs to parents/guardians. Information about transitioning to electronic SSRs can be found on the Student Score Report Options web page.
- How to Download Student Score Reports (SSRs) in TOMS (Video; 04:55) (Posted 10/20/20)
- How to Download Student Score Report PDF Files in TOMS (Updated 08/12/20)
- How to Generate Credentials for Student Information System Vendors (Posted 01/31/20)
- How to Regenerate Credentials for Student Information System Vendors (Posted 01/31/20)