The ELPAC Website
The English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) website serves as the portal for resources that a local educational agency (LEA) will need to administer the ELPAC and the Alternate ELPAC.
News and Tips for the ELPAC Administration
- Various CAASPP and ELPAC systems will be unavailable for scheduled system downtime Friday, October 30, at 5 p.m. through Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at 8 a.m. For additional details, see the ELPAC Planned System Downtime web page.
Implications of COVID-19
Please visit the Implications of COVID-19 and the Suspension of Testing web page for up-to-date information and updates on the impacts of the changes in regard to the novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). This can be found within the [About] navigation tab. Details will be added and updated on this web page as they become available. The “Last Updated” date will allow LEAs to easily monitor when a change occurs.
- The optional administration of the 2019–2020 Summative ELPAC ends on October 30, 2020. All Speaking domain scores must be entered into the Data Entry Interface by October 30, 2020. LEAs should continue to ship all completed K–2 Answer Books back to ETS by November 16, 2020, or they will not be scored. Please read and follow the 2019–20 Summative ELPAC Packing and Return Instructions. LEAs must inform ETS of the method of destruction or of the return of all other 2019–2020 Summative ELPAC test materials by completing the 2019–2020 Summative ELPAC Test Materials Return or Destruction Certification form no later than November 16, 2020.
- The 30-day timeline for administering the 2020–21 Initial ELPAC has been extended by 45-days, for a total of 75 days.
- LEAs planning to administer the paper–pencil Initial ELPAC for the 2020–2021 administration year can send a cumulative list of SSIDs to ETS by emailing the 2020–2021 Initial ELPAC PPT SSID Template to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day every Friday. These students will be registered for the paper-pencil version of the Initial ELPAC and cannot be administered the computer-based Initial ELPAC. For more information, visit the Implications of COVID-19 and the Suspension of Testing and the Initial ELPAC Test Administration web page.
- Looking for demonstration or training videos? The new Quick Reference Guides and Videos web page provides step-by-step instructions for how to accomplish a task or activity for the ELPAC. These instructions come in either PDF or video format.
LEAs using materials from the 2019–2020 Initial ELPAC administration to administer the 2020–2021 Initial ELPAC, should use the 2020–2021 audio files within 2020–2021 TOMS .