The ELPAC Website
The English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) website serves as the portal for resources that a local educational agency (LEA) will need to administer the ELPAC and the Alternate ELPAC.
News and Tips for the ELPAC Administration
- The California Technical Assistance Center (CalTAC) is closed on Thursday and Friday, November 26–27, 2020. CalTAC wishes you and your family a fun and safe holiday! All phone calls and emails will be returned when the office reopens on Monday, November 30, 2020. (Posted 11/12/20)
Implications of COVID-19
Please visit the Implications of COVID-19 and the Suspension of Testing web page for up-to-date information and updates on the impacts of the changes in regard to the novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). This can be found within the [About] navigation tab. Details will be added and updated on this web page as they become available. The “Last Updated” date will allow LEAs to easily monitor when a change occurs.
- LEAs have the option to either securely destroy test materials locally or return materials to ETS for destruction. LEAs must inform ETS of the method of destruction or of the return of the 2019–2020 Summative ELPAC test materials by completing the 2019–2020 Summative ELPAC Test Materials Return or Destruction Certification form by Monday, November 30, 2020.
- The 30-day timeline for administering the 2020–21 Initial ELPAC has been extended by 45-days, for a total of 75 days.
- LEAs planning to administer the paper–pencil Initial ELPAC for the 2020–2021 administration year can send a cumulative list of SSIDs to ETS by emailing the 2020–2021 Initial ELPAC PPT SSID Template to email@example.com by end of day every Friday. These students will be registered for the paper–pencil version of the Initial ELPAC and cannot be administered the computer-based Initial ELPAC. For more information, visit the Implications of COVID-19 and the Suspension of Testing and the Initial ELPAC Test Administration web page.
- Registration is now available for the virtual Pretest Workshop. The workshop sessions will provide information about what’s new for the CAASPP and ELPAC assessments and what’s necessary to prepare for the administration of the CAASPP and the ELPAC.
- Looking for demonstration or training videos? The new Quick Reference Guides and Videos web page provides step-by-step instructions for how to accomplish a task or activity for the ELPAC. These instructions come in either PDF or video format.
LEAs using materials from the 2019–2020 Initial ELPAC administration to administer the 2020–2021 Initial ELPAC, should use the 2020–2021 audio files within 2020–2021 TOMS .