The ELPAC Website
The English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) website serves as the portal for resources that a local educational agency (LEA) will need to administer the ELPAC.
News and Tips for the ELPAC Administration
- The California Department of Education will be sending a weekly email on Fridays during the COVID-19 response. To receive these email updates, send a blank email to: email@example.com.
Suspension of summative CAASPP and ELPAC assessments
The California Department of Education (CDE) provided an update in the Assessment Spotlight distributed on March 20, 2020. If your school is closed due to the unprecedented circumstances surrounding coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), you should not worry about any statewide testing this school year.
The Initial ELPAC assessment will not be suspended. However, no testing is expected while schools are shut down. Once schools return, the expectation will be that students identified as requiring the Initial ELPAC will be tested. Senate Bill 117 extended the timeline to conduct the Initial ELPAC by 45 days. The expectation is that LEAs will continue to assess new students whose primary language is not English when they return this year or next school year.
ETS is working with the CDE to determine the best way to handle completed and partially completed assessments. ETS will contact coordinators as those decisions are made.
- ETS understands that some schools may close due to issues related to the COVID-19 public health situation. We are ready to assist any district or school with their testing needs prior to or after any closure. If your district or school expects or experiences closures, please let us know by contacting CalTAC at 800-955-2954 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In light of the measures being taken nationwide to slow the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), as well as the shelter-in-place mandates in effect across California the 2019–2020 ELPAC Results Are In workshops are cancelled. If your LEA has already paid for registration, the LEA will be issued a refund. An email from CalTAC will provide more details.
- The in-person Initial ELPAC Administration and Scoring Trainings scheduled across California have been cancelled. Instead, virtual training modules are being created for LEAs to fulfill the requirement for mandatory training. Updates will be made to the Computer-based Initial ELPAC Administration and Scoring Trainings web page as it becomes available.
- The ELPAC Speaking Range Finding meetings scheduled for March 23–26, March 30–April 2 and April 7–9 have been cancelled.
- Looking for Secure Browsers? Navigate to the new Technology Resources web page under the Resources tab on the website.