Purchase Video SSRs from ETS
Purchase Video SSRs from ETS
Local educational agencies (LEAs) have the option to purchase English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) video Student Score Reports (SSRs) from ETS and provide them to parents/guardians using a distribution method determined locally. To supplement the information on this web page, refer to the Personalized Video ELPAC SSRs web document.
Available Sample Video SSRs
Video SSRs are available in English and the student's primary language (if that language is Filipino, Mandarin, Spanish, or Vietnamese).
Select a video link from the following lists to view a sample of what parents/guardians will experience. Please note that these are sample videos and the final video SSRs will differ slightly from the sample versions.
- Sample Summative ELPAC Video SSR in English (Posted 09/07/22)
- Sample Summative ELPAC Video SSR in Spanish (Posted 09/07/22)
- Sample Summative ELPAC Video SSR in Chinese (Posted 09/07/22)
- Sample Summative ELPAC Video SSR in Khmer (Posted 09/07/22)
- Sample Initial ELPAC Video SSR in English (Posted 09/07/22)
Video SSRs for the 2022–23 Initial ELPAC will be available for purchase starting July 1.
Benefits of Video SSRs
Video SSRs can engage a diverse range of families and help them understand the test scores in their home language. Each unique video SSR can provide personal recommendations that are aligned to a student's needs, which allows parents/guardians to act on the results and prompts them to discuss their child's score with the child's teacher.
Ordering Video SSRs
Take the following actions when ordering video SSRs:
- Review the step-by-step instructions for ordering.
- Identify students and families who would benefit from receiving video SSRs and then confirm the list of students receiving them.
- Ensure that the LEA has up-to-date parent/guardian cell phone numbers if the LEA plans to distribute links to video SSRs via text message.
- Refer to the How to View a Distribution Report: SSRs quick reference guide (Updated 03/29/21) for further information.
- Prepare a purchase order (P.O.) for ordering video SSRs to submit to ETS.
- Estimate the number of video SSRs that will need to be ordered.
- Estimate the cost for all video SSRs to prepare a P.O. for video SSRs.
- Submit the P.O. to email@example.com.
Within two weeks of ordering video SSRs in TOMS, a representative from ETS will contact the LEA coordinator. Video SSRs will be delivered within two weeks from the release of scores, which is tentatively scheduled for late June.
Cost of Video SSRs
An LEA can purchase video SSRs from ETS and provide links to families using a distribution method determined locally. SSRs will cost $1.00 per set of video SSRs. A "set" is one video SSR in English and one in the student's primary language, if that language is offered.
An LEA can elect to have links to the videos distributed to parents/guardians via text message for an additional cost of $0.25. More information will be provided to LEAs that choose to purchase the text message option.
|Description of Service||Price per Unit||Cost per Set|
|Video SSR||$1.00||Per SSR set|
|Texted video SSR link||$0.25||Per SSR set|
Distributing Video SSRs to Parents/Guardians
Video SSRs for a test administration year will be available starting in late June, two weeks after scores are released. The LEA will be provided links to each student's video SSR(s) to distribute to parents/guardians. An LEA could distribute video SSRs using any of the following methods:
- Publish the video SSR link to the LEA's parent or student portal and inform parents/guardians that the link is available.
- Text the video link using the LEA's trusted communication service or via ETS, if parent/guardian mobile phone numbers are provided.
- Contact your SIS vendor if there is a field where the video link can be displayed.
- Use another locally determined secure method.
Refer to the ELPAC Video SSRs Best Practices Guide for additional guidance.