Purchase Video SSRs from ETS
ELPAC video Student Score Reports (SSRs) can be purchased from ETS and distributed to parents/guardians using a distribution method determined locally.
Available Sample Video SSRs
Video SSRs are available in English and in the student's primary language if that language is Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Filipino. The following table lists the types of video SSRs and the languages that are available for purchase. Select the video link to view a sample that includes snippets of the available languages. Please note that these are sample videos and the final video SSRs will differ slightly from the sample versions.
|Video SSR Type||Available Languages|
Benefits of Video SSRs
The benefits of video SSRs include the following:
- Video SSRs, when used in addition to traditional reporting, can reach a diverse range of families and result in a better level of understanding the test scores.
- A voiceover in the student's home language helps the student's family understand their child's scores and how to further support their child's learning.
- The video SSR can "point" families to specific conclusions, and even to personalized recommendations, such as resources that are aligned to a student's needs.
- Videos provide additional opportunities for families to interact with the student's SSR; Each video is specific to the student, providing educators, students, and families with easy-to-understand insights.
- Since video SSRs can be viewed through mobile devices, they provide a more engaging format for families who may not use a computer regularly.
- Video SSRs can explain scores more than conventional SSRs, helping parents and guardians better understand and act on the results.
- Video viewing is trackable; LEAs will be able to know whether a family viewed a child's scores and, through an embedded survey, whether the family understood and acted on the video SSR (i.e. discussing their child's score with the child or the teacher).
Pricing of Video SSRs
Video SSRs can be purchased from ETS and distributed to families using a distribution method determined locally. SSRs will cost $1.00 per set of video SSRs. A set is one video SSR in English and one in the student's primary language, if that language is Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Filipino.
An additional cost of $0.25 is incurred if the LEA elects to have the videos distributed to parents/guardians via text message. If the LEA elects this service, the LEA will be contacted by Spotlight (ETS' video SSR vendor) directly to provide mobile phone numbers for families.
|Description of Service||Price per Unit||Cost per Set|
|Video SSR||$1.00||Per SSR set|
|Texting of a link||$0.25||Per SSR set|
Preparing to Order Video SSRs
LEAs that are planning to order all or some video SSRs from ETS can prepare by completing the following steps:
- Identify the students and families who would benefit from receiving video SSRs.
- Estimate the number of video SSRs that will need to be ordered.
- Estimate the cost for all video SSRs to prepare a purchase order for video SSRs.
- Ensure that the LEA has up-to-date parent/guardian mobile phone numbers if the LEA plans to distribute video SSRs via text message.
Ordering Video SSRs in TOMS
Video SSRs can be ordered in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) beginning January 12, 2021.
- Review the Ordering Video SSRs Quick Reference Guide (forthcoming).
- Confirm the students receiving video SSRs. Refer to the How to View a Distribution Report: SSRs for further guidance.
- Prepare a purchase order for ordering video SSRs to submit to ETS.
Within two weeks of ordering video SSRs in TOMS, a representative from Spotlight (ETS' video SSR vendor) will contact the LEA ELPAC coordinator.
Distributing Video SSRs to Parents and Guardians
Video SSRs will be available starting August 2021. LEAs will be provided links to each student's video SSRs to distribute to parents and guardians.
Video SSR links can be provided to parents/guardians via a locally determined secure method. LEAs could distribute video SSRs using any of the following methods:
- Publish the video SSR link to the LEA's parent or student portal and inform parents/guardians that they are available.
- Text the video links using the LEA's trusted communication service or via Spotlight if parent/guardian mobile phone numbers are provided.
For more guidance, please refer to the Video SSRs Best Practices Guide (Coming Soon).