Purchase Paper Student Score Reports (SSRs) from Educational Testing Service (ETS)
Paper SSRs can be purchased from ETS and distributed to parents/guardians using a distribution method determined locally.
Pricing of SSRs
SSRs will cost $1.48 per set of paper SSRs. LEAs also have the option to purchase SSRs inserted into envelopes for $2.00. For this option, each SSR will come in a separate envelope. View the paper SSRs available for purchase on the Purchasing 2018–19 Paper SSRs flyer.
Preparing to Order Paper SSRs
LEAs that are planning to order all or some paper SSRs from ETS can prepare by completing the following steps:
- Identify the student/parent population that will require paper SSRs.
- Estimate the number of students you will need to order paper SSRs for.
- Estimate the cost for all paper SSRs to prepare a purchase order for ordering paper SSRs.
- Ensure parent/guardian addresses are updated through the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) regularly to ensure accuracy.
Ordering SSRs in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS)
The ability to order paper SSRs is available in TOMS. LEAs that would like to request paper SSRs to be printed and shipped to the LEA by ETS for a fee will have the opportunity to order printed SSRs after the TOMS April release.
LEAs must request paper SSRs prior to June 30. LEA ELPAC coordinators should contact the California Technical Assistance Center (CalTAC) by June 30 to cancel an order. LEAs should prepare a purchase order for ordering paper SSRs after ordering from CalTAC.
- How to Order Paper SSRs in Bulk (Updated 05/01/20)
- How to Order Individual Paper SSRs (Updated 05/01/20)
- How to View a Distribution Report: SSRs (Posted 04/25/19)
Printing and Packaging Considerations
When ordering paper SSRs from ETS, be aware of the following details:
- All SSRs will be shipped to the LEA; no additional boxes will be included for shipping to school sites.
- Boxes of SSRs are sorted by LEA and school, with dividers between each school group of SSRs. Groups of school SSRs are sorted by grade and are in alphabetical order by student last name.
- 8.5"×11" paper SSRs can be folded to fit in a standard #10 envelope with a window.
- SSRs are printed in color.
- SSRs will include the parent/guardian address at no additional charge to the LEA.
- Two copies of the paper SSR are included in a set, either two in English, or one in English and one in the student’s primary language if that language is Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin or Cantonese (traditional Chinese), and Filipino.
Distributing SSRs to Parents/Guardians
Once the paper SSRs arrive at the LEA, there are a variety of distribution methods. Some examples of distributing paper SSRs to parents/guardians include, but are not limited to
- mailing the report to the home address,
- sending it home with the student, or
- notifying the parent/guardian that the SSR can be picked up at the school site.
Important Note: Postage costs may vary depending upon the number of SSRs to be mailed.