ELPAC: December Monthly Update
ELPAC email update, December 1, 2022.
ELPAC Communication: December 2022
This communication includes information about the Initial, Summative, Initial Alternate, and Summative Alternate ELPAC.
December 5: Summative ELPAC—LEA Certification Deadline
The statewide Summative ELPAC Administration and Scoring Trainings (ASTs) are available in the Moodle Training Site (Moodle) . Moodle keys are available on the Administration and Scoring Training (AST) website . Direct questions about Moodle to Moodle Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 16: Summative Alternate ELPAC—LEA Certification Deadline
December 19: Summative ELPAC Primary Ordering Window Closes
The Summative ELPAC is a computer-based assessment, with students in kindergarten through grade two taking the Writing domain using paper–pencil testing forms. To receive materials organized by individual school sites, please place a primary materials order in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) before the window closes on December 19, 2022. After the primary ordering window closes, LEAs will place supplemental orders with materials organized by grade level or grade span, rather than by school site, for LEAs to distribute.
January 10: DFAs Available in TOMS
The Summative ELPAC and Summative Alternate ELPAC Directions for Administration (DFAs) and Summative Alternate ELPAC picture cards will be available to download in TOMS when systems resume on January 10, 2023.
To register or locate additional details about upcoming trainings, including dates, times, or content, visit the ELPAC Upcoming Training Opportunities web page.
December 6 and 13: Using Accessibility Resources in Daily Instruction
The Using Accessibility Resources in Daily Instruction virtual training will focus on providing participants with an understanding of how to use accessibility resources, how to observe students using assigned accessibility resources, and how to adjust throughout the year on the basis of those observations. Attendees must view the videos on the ELPAC Accessibility Resources Virtual Training Series web page prior to attending. The hands-on training for this series will be offered once on December 6, 2022, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. and again on December 13, 2022, from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Register now for either Session 1 or Session 2.
December 13: Coffee Session, 2–3 p.m.
Register now for the December 2022 Coffee Session . Use the 2022–23 CAASPP–ELPAC Coffee Session Content Request Form to submit questions, request demonstrations, or share a best practice.
December 15: Pretest Virtual Training Series, 2–4 p.m.
The two-hour session, ELPAC: What's New for Testing?, will help LEA ELPAC coordinators communicate with site staff about changes and updates to assessments and testing systems and plan for the administration of the Summative ELPAC and Summative Alternate ELPAC. Send questions in advance by submitting them on a Pretest Virtual Training Series Q&A Form . Register now for the Pretest Virtual Training Series.
Manuals and Instructions
- Summative ELPAC Online Test Administration Manual
- CAASPP and ELPAC Accessibility Guide
- Guide to CAASPP and ELPAC Completion Status Guide
- Summative ELPAC Preparing for Administration—K–2
- Summative ELPAC Preparing for Administration—Grades 3–12
- Summative Alternate ELPAC Preparing for Administration
Web Page Updates
- Summative Alternate ELPAC Forms Assignments web page
- Summative Alternate ELPAC Second Scoring Assignment web page
Form Assignments and Second Scoring Assignments
Form assignments and second scoring assignments for the 2022–23 administration are available on the following web pages:
- Forms Assignment for the Summative ELPAC Administration
- Forms Assignment for the Summative Alternate ELPAC Administration
- Second Scoring Assignments for the Summative Alternate ELPAC Administration
ELPAC The Results Are In—Now What? Modules 1 through 14
Modules 1 through 14 of the ELPAC The Results Are In—Now What? are currently available in Moodle . Modules 11 through 14 are new and focus on different Writing task types. These modules demonstrate how to use data to advance English language proficiency through high-leverage instructional sequences. Participants will use a protocol linking two of the more difficult ELPAC task types to robust classroom instruction that can be used to create ELPAC-like assessments in context. Video clips, student work, and reflections from the implementation of these practices with English learner students will be shared. Be sure to provide your feedback after each video.
Previous ELPAC Monthly Communications
Previous ELPAC monthly communications, as well as other email communications, can be found on the ELPAC Coordinator Emails web page.
- Direct questions about policies, regulations, and requirements to email@example.com.
- Contact your region's Success Agent for answers to questions about assessment coordination, development, and administration, as well as for technical support.
- Direct questions about Moodle , certification, and calibration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get Answers from a new user-friendly lookup tool available to help LEA coordinators quickly find answers to the most common testing questions. Users can also suggest Additional Questions for the FAQ , which will be reviewed on a regular basis.
- Chat with Anita, your virtual assistant for LEA help, which is available on the CAASPP and ELPAC home pages. Unanswered questions will be routed to your LEA Success Agent.
California Outreach Team
Contact Us: California Outreach web page