Reminder: Order Summative ELPAC Materials
ELPAC email update, December 7, 2020.
Dear LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
Reminder: Place Summative ELPAC orders by December 21, 2020, to receive materials the week of January 11, 2021.
The 2020–21 Summative ELPAC test administration window is scheduled for February 1 through May 31, 2021. Although the ELPAC is a computer-based assessment, students in kindergarten through grade two (K–2) will take the Writing domain using paper-based test forms.
Even if testing cannot be conducted in person at the local educational agency (LEA), K–2 Writing Answer Books will still need to be ordered. LEAs testing students remotely must physically distribute the K–2 Writing Answer Book in a sealed envelope to a student, either through secure mail or by having a parent/guardian pick the sealed envelope up. The sealed envelope should be opened only during test administration. After testing, LEAs must securely collect completed Answer Books and follow the standard guidelines for returning Answer Books to ETS to be scanned.
Please note that if the LEA does not place an order during the Primary Materials Ordering Window, the next opportunity to order Summative ELPAC materials for the 2020–21 administration will be January 15, 2021. Those materials ordered through the supplemental window will be at the LEA level, not by individual site.
- Primary materials: November 2 through December 21, 2020
- Orders placed by November 30, 2020, will arrive the week of December 14, 2020.
- Orders placed by December 21, 2020, will arrive the week of January 11, 2021.
- Supplemental materials: January 15 through May 14, 2021
Test Materials Ordering Information
Only students in K–2 with an English Language Acquisition Status (ELAS) of English learner in the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) are included as part of the enrollment counts within the Test Operations Management System (TOMS). The following additional points provide guidance on ordering the correct amount of materials based on enrollment counts for students in K–2, as well as on confirming the correct delivery address for the materials.
- Make sure to verify the new ELAS records in CALPADS as soon as possible for those students who were administered the Initial ELPAC to ensure that numbers are accurate in TOMS.
- Check the enrollment counts in TOMS for students in K–2 for accuracy—always. If discrepancies exist, LEAs need to update CALPADS records and then wait 48 hours to rerun the order counts in TOMS. If discrepancies continue, LEAs should verify that student exit dates are accurate in CALPADS. Because the CALPADS file is cumulative, the condition for exiting a student requires the enrollment effective date in the exit file to match the enrollment start date received for that student in the active student file from CALPADS. If the dates do not match, TOMS will not exit the student.
- Check that the LEA's shipping address in TOMS is correct prior to ordering to ensure that ELPAC materials are delivered to the appropriate location. The shipping address must be a physical location, such as a warehouse or an office building, and cannot be a post office box.
Summative ELPAC Pre-identification Labels
Pre-identification (Pre-ID) is the process of electronically identifying students through a barcoded label rather than filling in student demographic information on the Answer Book. Pre-ID labels will be provided for students in K–2 for the Summative ELPAC Writing domain Answer Books at no cost. LEAs do not need to request or order these Pre-ID labels; they will be sent to the LEA to use for returning paper-scorable materials.
There will be two production dates for Pre-ID labels: January 13, 2021, and March 12, 2021 (for new students not included in the first Pre-ID order only). LEAs can expect to receive the Pre-ID labels created on January 13, 2021, starting February 5, 2021; and those created on March 12, 2021, starting March 30, 2021. For students enrolled after March 12, 2021, the test examiner will need to mark the student demographic information by hand, as shown in the Directions for Administration.
Questions regarding the 2020–21 Summative ELPAC materials ordering process for students in kindergarten through grade two should be directed to CalTAC, by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.