Computer-based Initial ELPAC Reminder: LEAs Participating in RSVP
ELPAC email update, December 6, 2022.
Dear LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
This LEA was identified by the California Department of Education to participate in the Rotating Score Validation Process (RSVP) for the 2022–23 Initial ELPAC. Please refer to the Rotating Score Validation Process for the Initial ELPAC web page for more information.
The final materials return date to ship all Initial ELPAC Answer Books administered through October 31, 2022, to ETS is December 12, 2022.
Materials Return Instructions
The RSVP requires LEAs to return specified materials to ETS. Packing materials are included in the LEA ELPAC Coordinator Kit and the Site ELPAC Coordinator Kit.
- Return scannable kindergarten through grade two Writing Answer Books to ETS after parent/guardian notification of the results has been completed and a pre-identification (Pre-ID) label has been received for the student. Completed Answer Books may include those that were transcribed by the test examiner if the Initial ELPAC was administered remotely. Do not send incomplete Answer Books.
- Pre-ID labels and Group Identification Sheets (GISs) are generated monthly when an official SSR has been generated in TOMS .
- Pre-ID labels and GISs arrived at the LEA before November 28, 2022.
- Use one GIS and one paper band for each grade being returned.
- Attach Pre-ID labels to the Answer Books prior to shipping to ETS; do not send Answer Books without the Pre-ID label attached. You must confirm that the student name on the Pre-ID label matches the student name on the Answer Book. If the LEA does not have a Pre-ID label for a student, the demographic information for the student should be marked on the Answer Book and the Answer Book returned with the others.
- Use the provided white return carton(s) for packing all secure, scannable Answer Books.
- Please use the following link to access the UPS account and generate labels to return your RSVP materials: ELPAC UPS Return Label
Reminder: Keep Records at the LEA Level.
LEAs should keep careful records of any materials returned to ETS.
- Photocopy the score sheets on the back page of the student's Answer Book for the LEA's records before preparing to ship materials to ETS.
- Consider the option for LEA ELPAC coordinators to download the ELPAC School Group List web document. It is useful for tracking and as a reference for both the LEA and ETS as to what is being returned in each shipment.
Secure Destruction of Used Test Materials
- At the end of each Initial ELPAC administration year, LEA ELPAC coordinators must arrange for the secure destruction of the used Initial ELPAC materials and indicate the LEA's method of destruction by completing an online certification form that will be made available to LEA ELPAC coordinators via email communication close to the end of the administration window.
While awaiting the posting of comparison reports, LEAs should note the following:
- The Initial ELPAC Score Comparison Report Layout provides descriptions of the fields in the comparison report.
- With the Initial ELPAC, ETS raters will score only the Writing domain to compare the local scores entered.
- Use the Guide to the Initial ELPAC Score Comparison Report as a reference while reviewing the comparison report.
- The first comparison report was posted in mid-November. The next will be posted by mid-December, and a final file will be posted by the end of January.
- An email notification will be sent to the LEA ELPAC coordinator when a comparison report is available for the LEA.
California Outreach Team
Contact Us: California Outreach web page