Initial ELPAC: RSVP LEAs Reminder
ELPAC email update, December 3, 2021.
Dear LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
The Rotating Score Validation Process (RSVP) assists in producing item statistics, validating scores, and providing technical assistance for scoring. Your local educational agency (LEA) was identified by the California Department of Education to participate in the RSVP for the 2021–22 Initial ELPAC. Please visit the RSVP for the Initial ELPAC web page for more detailed information on what is required of LEAs that have been selected to participate in the RSVP.
The 2021–22 Initial ELPAC administration began on July 6, 2021, and ends on June 30, 2022. LEAs must administer the Initial ELPAC to eligible students and ensure completion of all four domains. Official Student Score Reports (SSRs) will be available in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) within 24 hours after all domains have been administered and scored.
- Return scannable kindergarten through grade two Writing Answer Books to ETS after parent/guardian notification of the results has been completed and a pre-identification (Pre-ID) label has been received for the student. Completed Answer Books may include those that were transcribed by the test examiner if the Initial ELPAC was administered remotely. Do not send incomplete Answer Books.
- Pre-ID labels and Group Identification Sheets (GISs) are generated monthly on the basis of when an official SSR has been generated in TOMS .
- If you have not received a Pre-ID label for an Answer Book and you have confirmed that an SSR has been generated for a student, you may bubble in the student demographic information as directed in the Directions for Administration and return the Answer Book to ETS for scoring.
- Pre-ID labels are to be attached to the Answer Books prior to shipping to ETS; do not send Answer Books without the Pre-ID label attached. You must confirm that the student name on the Pre-ID label matches the student name on the Answer Book. If there is an Answer Book but no Pre-ID label, confirm the Initial ELPAC administration, as the Pre-ID label may be scheduled for the following month.
- Follow the instructions in the Initial ELPAC RSVP User Instructions for Test Materials Handling After Testing web document.
Final Materials Return Date
The final materials return date for shipping all Initial ELPAC Answer Books administered through October 29, 2021, to ETS is December 13, 2021. Pre-ID labels and GISs will arrive at the LEA by November 22, 2021.
Reminder: Keep records at the LEA level.
- Photocopy score sheets on the back page of the student's Answer Book for your records before preparing to ship materials to ETS.
- To serve as a reference for both the LEA and ETS as to what is being returned in each shipment, an LEA ELPAC coordinator has the option to download the ELPAC School Group List web document to use for tracking.
- Refer to the Initial ELPAC Score Comparison Report Layout web document for descriptions of the fields in the comparison report.
- With the Initial ELPAC, ETS raters will score only the Writing domain to compare the local scores entered.
- Comparison reports will be posted in TOMS by mid-November and mid-December, and a final file will be posted by the end of January.
- Use the Guide to the Initial ELPAC Score Comparison Report as reference while reviewing the comparison report.
- An email notification will be sent to the LEA ELPAC coordinator when a comparison report is available for the LEA.
LEA ELPAC coordinators should direct any questions about the RSVP or the 2021–22 Initial ELPAC administration to their LEA Success Agent .