Initial ELPAC: Reminder for RSVP LEAs
ELPAC email update, November 17, 2020.
Dear LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
This local educational agency (LEA) has been identified by the California Department of Education as one of the LEAs participating in the Rotating Score Validation Process (RSVP) for the 2020–21 Initial ELPAC. For additional information, please refer to the RSVP for the Initial ELPAC web page.
Note the following about the Initial ELPAC RSVP:
- This LEA is required to return all of the Initial ELPAC Form 1 Writing Answer Books completed by students in kindergarten through grade two to ETS between August 20 and October 30, 2020.
- An LEA may continue to return completed Answer Books past the October 30, 2020, administered date as long as these are shipped to ETS by the last pickup date of December 14, 2020. These will be included in the January comparison report.
- Tests administered to students in grades three through twelve are all accessed via the test delivery system, and results will automatically be sent to the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) once administration and scoring have been completed.
- ETS will continue to back score the Writing domain for students in grades three through twelve through mid-December to be included in the January comparison report.
- Pre-identification (Pre-ID) labels and Group Identification Sheets (GIS) are generated monthly based on when an official Student Score Report has been produced in TOMS. A schedule is provided in the Material Return Dates table in the final section of this email.
- Pre-ID labels are to be attached to the Answer Books prior to shipping to ETS; do not send Answer Books without the Pre-ID label attached. This will ensure timely processing. It is essential to confirm that the student name on the Pre-ID label matches the student name on the Answer Book. Pre-ID labels will be shipped to the LEA automatically according to the schedule in the Materials Return Dates table in the final section of this email.
- LEA ELPAC coordinators are asked to follow the instructions in the 2020–2021 Initial ELPAC Rotating Score Validation Process User Instructions for Test Materials Handling After Testing web document.
- LEA ELPAC coordinators are expected to keep records at the LEA level until the end of the administration year. Photocopy or scan score sheets on the back page of the student's Answer Book for the LEA's records before preparing to ship materials to ETS.
- LEA ELPAC coordinators have the option to download the ELPAC School Group List web document to use for tracking and to serve as a reference for both the LEA and ETS as to what is being returned in each shipment.
Resources, Reports, and Notifications
- The 2020–21 Initial ELPAC Score Comparison Report Layout is available now.
- The Guide to the 2020–2021 Initial ELPAC Score Comparison Report is available now.
- The first comparison report was posted on November 16, 2020. The next file will be available mid-December, and a final file will be posted by the end of January 2021.
- An email notification will be sent to the LEA ELPAC coordinator when a comparison report is available for the LEA.
|Initial ELPAC Administration||Pre-ID Labels and GIS to Arrive at the LEA by||Answer Books to Ship to ETS by|
|August 20 to September 18, 2020||10/05/2020||10/26/2020|
|September 21 to October 16, 2020||11/02/2020||11/20/2020|
|October 19 to October 30, 2020||11/20/2020||12/14/2020|
Questions about the 2020–21 Initial ELPAC administration or requests for additional white return cartons can be directed to CalTAC, by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.