Change in ETS Outreach to LEAs
CAASPP and ELPAC email update, October 29, 2021.
Dear Superintendent, LEA CAASPP Coordinator, or LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
On November 1, 2021, ETS will be changing the ways in which we work with local educational agencies (LEAs) with a more individualized support model based on the Regional Assessment Network (RAN) structure. The goal is to make the California Outreach Team an integral partner in assisting LEAs throughout the year to prepare for and administer assessments.
LEAs will have three different paths to obtain assistance:
- Self-service options such as the CAASPP and ELPAC program websites—which offer information, videos, communications, and tools for LEAs—and the CAASPP and ELPAC Manuals website, where the web-based manuals reside
- California Outreach Team
- California Technical Assistance Center (CalTAC)
The new California Outreach Team will consist of 13 LEA "Success Agents." Eleven of the Success Agents will be assigned to an existing region based on the RAN structure. One Success Agent will handle the larger LEAs as a single group. The final Success Agent will focus on helping LEAs with Security and Test Administration Incident Reporting System cases, orders, tracking, and other issues. As we begin this new method of outreach, we would like you to know that email will be the best form of communication.
The goals of the LEA Success Agents are to
- build a relationship with the LEA coordinators in the assigned region,
- provide a single point of consistent contact that ensures an LEA coordinator will always know who to call about unexpected issues;
- assist LEA coordinators in preparing for testing by maintaining familiarity with test administration calendars;
- respond to LEA coordinator requests, questions, and concerns received through a variety of support channels, including direct contacts from the LEA coordinator;
- develop strategies and identify potential opportunities with the LEA coordinator to improve the LEA's experiences with the assessments;
- understand and monitor LEA coordinator expectations and recurring issues; and
- build a sustainable and mutually beneficial relationship between the LEA and the California Assessment System.
The current phone number for CalTAC, 800-955-2954, will remain active. However, the number of phone representatives will be reduced, as they will handle only the inbound calls that are quick to resolve, such as providing the steps to change a password. LEA coordinators will engage primarily with their designated LEA Success Agent. You can see a list of items for which CalTAC can assist you with at our California Outreach – CalTAC web page.
Please watch for an email from your LEA Success Agent. You can also look up your Success Agent by visiting the California Outreach web page.