ELPAC: Order Summative ELPAC Materials!
ELPAC email update, October 27, 2021.
Dear LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
The 2021–22 Summative ELPAC test administration window is scheduled for February 1 through May 31, 2022. The Summative ELPAC Primary Test Materials Ordering Window opens on November 1, 2021. Although the ELPAC is a computer-based assessment, students in kindergarten through grade two will take the Writing domain using paper–pencil Answer Books.
Please note that if the local educational agency (LEA) does not place an order during the primary materials ordering window, the next opportunity to order Summative ELPAC materials for the 2021–22 administration will be January 14, 2022. Those materials ordered through the supplemental window will be at the LEA level, not by individual site.
- Primary materials: November 1 through December 20, 2021
- Orders placed by November 30, 2021, will arrive the week of December 13, 2021.
- Orders placed by December 20, 2021, will arrive the week of January 3, 2022.
- Supplemental materials: January 14 through May 13, 2022
Test Materials Ordering Information
Only students in kindergarten through grade two with an English language acquisition status (ELAS) of English learner in the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) are included as part of the enrollment counts within the Test Operations Management System (TOMS). The following additional points provide guidance on ordering the correct amount of materials based on enrollment counts for students in kindergarten through grade two and confirming the correct delivery address for the materials.
- Make sure to verify the new ELAS records in CALPADS as soon as possible for those students who were administered the Initial ELPAC to ensure that numbers are accurate in TOMS.
- Always check the enrollment counts in TOMS for students in kindergarten through grade two for accuracy by selecting the [Orders] tab in the navigation bar and then selecting the [Place Primary Orders] action tab in TOMS. If discrepancies exist, LEAs need to update CALPADS records and then wait 48 hours to rerun the order counts in TOMS. If discrepancies continue, LEAs should verify that student exit dates are accurate in CALPADS. Because the CALPADS file is cumulative, the condition for exiting a student requires the enrollment effective date in the exit file to match the enrollment start date received for that student in the active student file from CALPADS. If the dates do not match, TOMS will not exit the student. For additional assistance, the CALPADS coordinator should contact the CALPADS-CSIS Service Desk at the CDE by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 916-325-9210.
- Check that the LEA's shipping address in TOMS is correct prior to ordering to ensure that ELPAC materials are delivered to the appropriate location. Shipping addresses must be a physical location, such as a warehouse or an office building, and cannot be a post office box.
Summative ELPAC Pre-identification Labels
Pre-identification (Pre-ID) is the process of electronically identifying students through a barcoded label rather than filling in student demographic information on the Answer Book. Pre-ID labels will be provided for students in kindergarten through grade two for the Summative ELPAC Writing domain Answer Books at no cost. LEAs do not need to request or order these Pre-ID labels; they will be sent to the LEAs to use for returning paper-scorable materials.
There will be two production dates for Pre-ID labels: January 14, 2022, and March 9, 2022 (for new students not included in the first Pre-ID order only). LEAs can expect to receive the Pre-ID labels created on January 14, 2022, starting February 4, 2022; and those created on March 9, 2022, starting March 30, 2022. For students enrolled after March 9, 2022, the test examiner will need to mark the student demographic information by hand, as shown in the Directions for Administration.
Questions regarding the 2021–22 Summative ELPAC materials ordering process for students in kindergarten through grade two should be directed to CalTAC by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at email@example.com.