CAASPP and ELPAC: Systems Resume
CAASPP and ELPAC email update, September 7, 2021.
Dear LEA CAASPP Coordinator or LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
CAASPP and ELPAC systems have resumed operation after being updated to support 2021–22 CAASPP and ELPAC testing. Further details about the updated system features follow.
- The California Alternate Assessment (CAA) for Science embedded performance tasks are now available in the secure test delivery system (TDS).
- The secure Directions for Administration (DFAs) for the CAA for Science are available in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS).
- The California Science Test practice test has been updated to reflect the revised blueprint. Revisions include fewer test questions and three performance tasks with at least one constructed response item per performance task.
- The secure DFAs for the Alternate ELPAC are available in TOMS .
- The Alternate ELPAC Operational Field Test will be available in the secure TDS from November 1, 2021, through February 15, 2022.
- The Alternate ELPAC Operational Field Test form assignments are posted on the ELPAC Forms Assignment web page. The subset of local educational agencies (LEAs) that have been selected to participate in second scoring are posted on the Second Scoring Assignments web page and have been notified.
- The Alternate ELPAC Operational Field Test Manual will be updated to include a section about test administration by the end of September.
Please notify all users within the LEA of relevant system updates. System downtime dates are available on both the CAASPP Planned System Downtime web page and the ELPAC Planned System Downtime web page.
Questions regarding 2021–22 scheduled downtimes and releases should be directed to CalTAC by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.