Initial ELPAC: RSVP LEAs Information
ELPAC email update, August 18, 2021.
Dear LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
The Rotating Score Validation Process (RSVP) assists in producing item statistics, validating scores, and providing technical assistance for scoring. Your local educational agency (LEA) was identified by the California Department of Education to participate in the RSVP for the 2021–22 Initial ELPAC. Please visit the RSVP for the Initial ELPAC web page for more detailed information on what is required of LEAs that have been selected to participate in the RSVP.
The 2021–22 Initial ELPAC administration began on July 6, 2021, and ends on June 30, 2022. LEAs must administer the Initial ELPAC to eligible students and ensure completion of all four domains. Official Student Score Reports (SSRs) will be available in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) within 24 hours after all domains have been administered and scored.
- Return scannable kindergarten through grade two Writing Answer Books to ETS after parent/guardian notification of the results has been completed and a pre-identification (Pre-ID) label has been received for the student. Completed Answer Books may include those that were transcribed by the test examiner if the Initial ELPAC was administered remotely. Do not send incomplete Answer Books.
- Pre-ID labels and Group Identification Sheets (GISs) are generated monthly based on when an official SSR has been generated in TOMS .
- Pre-ID labels are to be attached to the Answer Books prior to shipping to ETS; do not send Answer Books without the Pre-ID label attached. You must confirm that the student name on the Pre-ID label matches the student name on the Answer Book.
- Follow the instructions in the Initial ELPAC RSVP User Instructions for Test Materials Handling After Testing web document.
Materials Return Dates
The following schedule in the Materials Return Dates table lists dates the Pre-ID labels will be shipped to the LEA automatically as well as final dates to ship materials back to ETS.
|Initial ELPAC Administration||Pre-ID and GIS to Arrive at LEA by||Ship Answer Books to ETS by|
|July 6 to August 6, 2021||August 24, 2021||September 13, 2021|
|August 9 to September 7, 2021||September 27, 2021||October 18, 2021|
|September 8 to October 8, 2021||October 26, 2021||November 15, 2021|
|October 11 to October 29, 2021||November 22, 2021||December 13, 2021|
Reminder: Order testing materials.
- Order testing materials within the supplemental order window if they were not ordered during the primary order window.
- Supplemental materials ordering is ongoing and can be done in TOMS . Delivery of the materials will occur within 10 to 14 business days after the order is placed.
|Type of Test Materials Order||Order Window Opens||Order Window Closes||Earliest Delivery Date||Latest Delivery Date|
|Primary Test Materials Order||April 1, 2021||May 7, 2021||May 10, 2021||June 4, 2021|
|Supplemental Test Materials Order||May 10, 2021||June 10, 2022||June 7, 2021||June 24, 2022|
Reminder: Keep records at the LEA level.
- Photocopy score sheets on the back page of the student's Answer Book for your records before preparing to ship materials to ETS.
- To serve as a reference for both the LEA and ETS as to what is being returned in each shipment, an LEA ELPAC coordinator has the option to download the ELPAC School Group List web document to use for tracking.
- Refer to the Initial ELPAC Score Comparison Report Layout for descriptions of the fields in the comparison report.
- With the Initial ELPAC, ETS raters will score only the Writing domain to compare the local scores entered.
- Comparison reports will be posted by mid-November and mid-December, and a final file will be posted by the end of January.
- An email notification will be sent to the LEA ELPAC coordinator when a comparison report is available for the LEA.
Questions about the RSVP or the 2021–22 Initial ELPAC administration can be directed to CalTAC by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at email@example.com.