CAASPP and ELPAC: Systems Resume
CAASPP and ELPAC email update, August 17, 2021.
Dear LEA CAASPP Coordinator or LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
CAASPP and ELPAC systems have resumed operation after being updated to support 2021–22 CAASPP and ELPAC testing. Further details about the updated system features follow.
- The CAASPP rollover has occurred, and assessment systems are now available for the 2021–22 administration year.
- Local educational agency (LEA) CAASPP coordinators should begin adding Test Operations Management System users who will administer the California Alternate Assessment for Science or interim assessments.
- Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments are available for the 2021–22 administration year. The interim assessments will remain available to be administered remotely (i.e., without the use of a secure browser) for use in distance learning throughout the 2021–22 school year. When interim assessments are administered in person at a school site, the student must use the secure browser.
- LEA ELPAC coordinators can use 2021–22 roles to place supplemental orders for the Initial ELPAC.
- The View & Track Orders screen is available using 2021–22 user roles.
- Initial ELPAC, Alternate ELPAC Operational Field Test and Summative ELPAC eligibility reports, test assignments, test settings, and unlisted resources reports are available for download.
- LEA ELPAC coordinators can upload test settings for students.
Please notify all users within the LEA of relevant system updates. System downtime dates are now available on the CAASPP Planned System Downtime web page and the ELPAC Planned System Downtime web page.
Questions regarding 2021–22 scheduled downtimes and releases should be directed to CalTAC, by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.