Computer-based Initial ELPAC Reminder: LEAs Participating in RSVP
ELPAC email update, August 8, 2022.
Dear LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
This LEA was identified by the California Department of Education to participate in the Rotating Score Validation Process (RSVP) for the 2022–23 Initial ELPAC. Please refer to the Computer-based Initial ELPAC: LEAs Participating in RSVP email and the Rotating Score Validation Process for the Initial ELPAC web page for more information.
The 2022–23 Initial ELPAC administration began on July 5, 2022, and ends on June 30, 2023. LEAs must administer the Initial ELPAC to eligible students and ensure completion of all four domains. Official Student Score Reports (SSRs) will be available in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) within 24 hours after all domains have been administered and scored.
Materials Return Instructions
The RSVP requires LEAs to return specified materials to ETS.
- Return scannable kindergarten through grade two Writing Answer Books to ETS after parent/guardian notification of the results has been completed and a pre-identification (Pre-ID) label has been received for the student. Completed Answer Books may include those that were transcribed by the test examiner if the Initial ELPAC was administered remotely. Do not send incomplete Answer Books.
- Pre-ID labels and Group Identification Sheets (GISs) are generated monthly on the basis of when an official SSR has been generated in TOMS .
- Attach Pre-ID labels to the Answer Books prior to shipping to ETS; do not send Answer Books without the Pre-ID label attached. You must confirm that the student name on the Pre-ID label matches the student name on the Answer Book.
Materials Return Dates
The following schedule in the Materials Return Dates table lists dates when the Pre-ID labels will be shipped to the LEA automatically as well as final dates to ship materials back to ETS.
|Initial ELPAC Administration||Pre-ID and GIS to Arrive at LEA by||Ship Answer Books to ETS by|
|July 5 to August 5, 2022||August 22, 2022||September 12, 2022|
|August 8 to September 6, 2022||September 26, 2022||October 17, 2022|
|September 7 to October 7, 2022||October 24, 2022||November 14, 2022|
|October 10 to October 31, 2022||November 28, 2022||December 12, 2022|
Reminder: Order Testing Materials.
A key LEA responsibility is ensuring all necessary testing materials have been ordered. Keep the following in mind to ensure a smooth ordering process.
- Order testing materials within the supplemental order window if they were not ordered during the primary order window.
- Note that supplemental materials ordering is ongoing and can be done in TOMS . Delivery of the materials will occur within 10 to 14 business days after the order is placed.
|Type of Test Materials Order||Order Window Opens||Order Window Closes||Earliest Delivery Date||Latest Delivery Date|
|Primary Test Materials Order||April 4, 2022||May 6, 2022||May 9, 2022||June 3, 2022|
|Supplemental Test Materials Order||May 9, 2022||June 9, 2023||June 6, 2022||June 23, 2023|
Reminder: Keep Records at the LEA Level.
LEAs should keep careful records of any materials returned to ETS.
- Photocopy the score sheets on the back page of the student's Answer Book for the LEA's records before preparing to ship materials to ETS.
- Consider the option for LEA ELPAC coordinators to download the ELPAC School Group List web document. It is useful for tracking and as a reference for both the LEA and ETS as to what is being returned in each shipment.
While awaiting the posting of comparison reports, LEAs should note the following:
- The Initial ELPAC Score Comparison Report Layout provides descriptions of the fields in the comparison report.
- With the Initial ELPAC, ETS raters will score only the Writing domain to compare the local scores entered.
- Comparison reports will be posted by mid-November and mid-December, and a final file will be posted by the end of January.
- An email notification will be sent to the LEA ELPAC coordinator when a comparison report is available for the LEA.
Direct any questions about the RSVP for the 2022–23 Initial ELPAC administration to the LEA's assigned LEA Success Agent . Visit the California Outreach web page for other support options.
California Outreach Team
Contact Us: California Outreach web page