Alternate ELPAC: Reports and Results Available on August 3
ELPAC email update, August 2, 2022.
Dear LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
We are pleased to announce that in addition to Summative ELPAC results, results for students in kindergarten through grade twelve who completed the Alternate ELPAC operational field test will be available on August 3, 2022.
Results will be released in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) and in the California Educator Reporting System (CERS) on August 3, 2022. Student Score Reports (SSRs) will be available in TOMS and the LEA student information system vendor parent or student portal on August 4, 2022.
LEA ELPAC coordinators and site ELPAC coordinators will be able to use TOMS to find student results as well as other metrics such as reporting percentages and score status.
- The MyTOMS at a Glance SSR Status widget shows the percentage and number of SSRs released for the LEA on the TOMS home page.
- The [Score Status] tab of a student's profile in TOMS now allows the user to access score status information for an individual student by domain that includes the following details:
- Score availability date
- Condition code(s)
- Recent Security and Test Administration Incident Reporting System Appeals
- The [Reporting] tab of a student's profile in TOMS allows the user to access reporting information for an individual student that includes the following details:
- Reporting language of the student's SSR
- Date the SSR was made available
- A link to download the SSR PDF in English or another language, when available
Users can access and download SSRs individually or as one large file. Resources include the following:
- How to Download Student Score Reports (SSRs) in TOMS video
- How to Bulk Download Student Score Reports quick reference guide
Alternate ELPAC SSRs can be provided to parents/guardians electronically, as PDFs, through a locally provided parent or student portal or through another chosen method of local distribution. LEAs should also have a process in place for emails that bounce back to ensure that parents/guardians receive their child's SSR.
Contact the LEA's portal provider for instructions on accessing electronic SSRs. For more information about electronic SSRs, refer to the ELPAC Student Score Report (SSR) Options web page.
SSRs can also be printed locally. LEAs planning to send SSRs to parents/guardians should ensure the mailing address is correct and up to date.
Student Score Data File
The student data file will be available in the [Reports] tab of TOMS. LEA users will be able to download the student data file in two report types:
- Enrolled LEA file: data on students who were enrolled in the LEA as of the date the file was created
- Tested LEA file: data on students who tested with the LEA during the 2021–22 school year as of the date the file was created
ELPAC Student Score Data File and Layout
The 2021–22 Summative ELPAC and Alternate ELPAC Operational Field Test Student Data File Layout is available in TOMS when users select Summative ELPAC and Alt ELPAC Op FT Student Score Data File from the Available Reports list. The student data file layout includes field descriptions, acceptable values for fields, and data sources.
Follow the steps outlined in the Summative ELPAC and Alt ELPAC Op FT Student Score Data File web page. Please note that the score data file for LEAs will be available in Excel format. For larger LEAs, the Excel file will be split into multiple tabs.
CERS houses individual student results as well as partial aggregated results at the group, school, and LEA levels. Prior to the release of all student results in the fall, the aggregated results available in CERS are partial and may present as higher or lower than the LEA's final aggregated results. The partial results are not appropriate for public release but may be used for local planning purposes.
Accessing Information in CERS
- LEA users can access CERS using a TOMS user account. Once in CERS, the user can search by student, school, or assigned groups from the "Access Assessment Results" section on the CERS landing page, depending on the user's role. The following actions are available in CERS:
- To download a file containing student results, an LEA user can select the [Custom Aggregate Report] button and customize a yearly, longitudinal, claim or domain, or composite score report for an LEA or school.
- To export a CSV file containing all the LEA or school assessment results that can be used for analysis in another application, an LEA user can also select the [District/School Exports] button.
For more information, refer to the CERS User Guide . Refer to the Creating Groups in the California Educator Reporting System (CERS) video for a demonstration of how to create groups to allow specific users access to assigned student results.
California Outreach Team
Contact Us: California Outreach web page