CAASPP and ELPAC: 2021–22 Assessment Release Dates
CAASPP and ELPAC email update, July 8, 2021.
Dear LEA CAASPP Coordinator or LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
Components of the CAASPP and ELPAC assessment systems are released at different times throughout the test administration year. As you set up the local educational agency's (LEA's) test administration window and finalize planning for another successful administration, please keep the following dates in mind:
July 6, 2021
- ELPAC: The 2021–22 Initial ELPAC testing window opens.
August 2, 2021
- ELPAC: Users in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) will roll over from 2020–21 to 2021–22.
August 17, 2021
- Users in TOMS will roll over from 2020–21 to 2021–22.
- Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments will be available.
August 20, 2021
- ELPAC: The Alternate ELPAC practice and training test DFAs will be updated.
September 7, 2021
- The California Alternate Assessment (CAA) for Science embedded performance tasks (PTs) will be available in the secure test delivery system (TDS).
- The secure Directions for Administration (DFAs) for the CAA for Science will be available in TOMS.
- The California Science Test (CAST) practice test will be updated.
September 22, 2021
- The secure DFAs for the Alternate ELPAC will be available in TOMS.
November 1, 2021
- ELPAC: The Alternate ELPAC Operational Field Test will be available from November 1, 2021, through February 15, 2022.
January 11, 2022
- Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics will be available in the secure TDS.
- The CAAs for ELA and mathematics will be available in the secure TDS.
- The secure DFAs for the CAAs will be available in TOMS.
- The CAST will be available in the secure TDS.
- The California Spanish Assessment will be available in the secure TDS.
- Note: Students in an LEA will have access to the summative CAASPP within the LEA's selected testing window, determined by the LEA coordinator, after 66 percent of the instructional year for the LEA has passed.
- The secure DFAs for the computer-based Summative ELPAC will be available in TOMS.
February 1, 2022
- ELPAC: The 2021–22 Summative ELPAC testing window opens and will be available in the secure TDS.
Please notify all site coordinators within the LEA of upcoming assessment component releases and system downtimes. System downtime dates are now available on the CAASPP Planned System Downtime web page and the ELPAC Planned System Downtime web page.
Questions regarding 2021–22 scheduled downtimes and assessment releases should be directed to CalTAC, by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at email@example.com.