CAASPP and ELPAC: Systems Resume and Updates
CAASPP and ELPAC email update, July 6, 2021.
Dear LEA CAASPP Coordinator or LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
CAASPP and ELPAC systems have resumed operation after being updated to support 2021–22 testing. Further details about the updated system features follow.
Students Enrolled for 2021–22 Now Available
- The California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) rollover occurred on July 1, 2021. Students enrolled for the 2021–22 administration year are now available in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS).
- Updates to student data flows from CALPADS to TOMS can take up to 48 hours. It is important for CALPADS to be updated frequently when approaching the testing window and throughout testing to capture enrollment changes, program status changes, and other key pieces of student data.
- The 2021–22 Initial ELPAC testing window opened on July 6, 2021.
- The web-based Student Testing Interface that is used for remote testing is available.
- Users are able to toggle between administration years (2020–21 and 2021–22) until August 17, 2021, when the CAASPP rollover occurs.
- Local educational agency (LEA) ELPAC coordinators can add and edit users for the 2021–22 administration year. Download the list of 2020–21 users in TOMS, make updates to the user roles and users, and upload in TOMS to update and add users for 2021–22.
2021–22 Initial ELPAC
- Between July 6, 2021, and August 16, 2021, LEAs will use the TOMS student profile user interface to add test assignments, test settings, and Student Score Report (SSR) language for each student. On August 17, 2021, LEAs will be able to use the upload process as usual.
- The 2021–22 Initial ELPAC SSRs will be available for download in the [Reports] navigation tab beginning July 7, 2021.
2021–22 Initial ELPAC Supplemental Orders
- LEA ELPAC coordinators will continue using 2020–21 roles to place supplemental orders. On August 17, 2021, LEA ELPAC coordinators will be able to place supplemental orders using 2021–22 roles.
- LEA ELPAC coordinators need to add and confirm shipping addresses while placing 2021–22 Initial ELPAC supplemental orders.
- The View & Track Orders screen will be available using 2020–21 user roles until the rollover on August 17, 2021.
2021–22 Summative ELPAC
- Summative ELPAC registrations in TOMS will be created on the basis of 2021–22 Initial ELPAC testing and will be visible in the student profile within 48 hours of the Initial ELPAC SSR being generated.
- Summative ELPAC eligibility reports will be available August 17, 2021.
- 2018–19 Summative ELPAC SSR PDFs have been removed.
Initial ELPAC Remote Testing
- LEAs planning to administer the Initial ELPAC remotely must use the web-based Student Testing Interface and a video meeting application to administer the test to students.
- Test examiners would select the Remote or Hybrid session type in the Test Administrator Interface when starting a test session.
- By default, the remote test flag for students will be set to "No" to avoid camera conflicts, and the remote widget checks will be removed from the logon process. No changes need to be made.
Please notify all users within the LEA of relevant system updates. System downtime dates are now available on the CAASPP Planned System Downtime web page and the ELPAC Planned System Downtime web page.
Questions regarding 2021–22 scheduled downtimes and releases should be directed to CalTAC, by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at email@example.com.