Summative ELPAC: Reports and Results Now Available
ELPAC email update, June 16, 2021.
Dear LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
Test results for the 2020–21 Summative ELPAC are now available in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS), student information system (SIS) vendor portal, and California Educator Reporting System (CERS).
Test results are available for the following:
- Students in kindergarten through grade twelve (K–12) who completed testing in all four domains
- Students in K–12 who were partially tested and have domain exemptions assigned to the not tested domain(s)
Test results for students in K–12 who were assigned a locally determined alternate assessment will be available the week of June 21, 2021.
ETS must receive all completed kindergarten through grade two (K–2) Writing Answer Books by August 16, 2021, or they will not be scored. Local educational agencies (LEAs) that meet this deadline will be able to access Student Score Reports (SSRs) by October 15, 2021.
LEA coordinators and site coordinators are able to use TOMS to find student results as well as other metrics illustrating reporting percentages and score status.
MyTOMS at a Glance Score Reporting Status Widget
- LEAs can view the score reporting percentage for their LEA in TOMS. To view this widget, select the [Home] button in the top right corner of the TOMS screen.
Student [Score Status] Tab
The [Score Status] tab of a student's profile in TOMS now allows users to access score status information for an individual student.
Student [Reporting] Tab
The [Reporting] tab of a student's profile in TOMS allows users to access the following information for an individual student:
- A downloadable SSR PDF (This will appear as a link when available.)
- SSR in English
- SSR in another available language, if requested before July 30, 2021
- The language of an additional SSR
SSRs for the 2020–21 test administration year will be available by July 30, 2021, for the last enrolled LEA on record to download. They will be available to the newly enrolled LEA on and after August 1, 2021.
Accessing Electronic SSRs
Users can access and download SSRs individually or as one large file. View the Downloading Student Score Reports (SSRs) in TOMS video and the How to Bulk Download Student Score Reports quick reference guide.
ELPAC SSRs can be provided to parents and guardians electronically, as PDFs, through a locally provided parent or student portal, or through another chosen method of local distribution. Contact your LEA's parent or student portal provider for instructions on accessing electronic SSRs from that vendor.
For more information about electronic SSRs, refer to the ELPAC Student Score Report Options web page. SSRs can be printed locally, but paper SSRs are not available for purchase this year. LEAs planning to mail SSRs to parents and guardians should ensure the mailing address is correct and up to date. LEAs should also have a process in place for emails that bounce back, to ensure that parents and guardians receive their child's SSR.
Student Score Data File
LEAs are now able to download the 2020–21 student data file containing data for all students who
- were enrolled in the LEA and listed in the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System as of July 30, 2021,
- were eligible for the Summative ELPAC, and
- completed all four domains or were partially tested and have domain exemptions assigned to the not tested domain(s) or were assigned a locally determined alternate assessment.
Accessing the ELPAC Student Score Data File
The 2020–21 Summative ELPAC Student Data File Layout is available on the ELPAC Score Reporting web page and in TOMS ; it appears when users select Summative ELPAC Student Score Data File from the Available Reports list. The student data file layout includes field descriptions, acceptable values for fields, and data sources.
Take the steps outlined in the Summative Student Score Data Extract Report section in the TOMS User Guide to access the ELPAC Student Score Data File in TOMS .
Accessing Information in CERS
- To view these results, LEAs can access CERS using a TOMS user account.
- To access these results, LEAs can search by student, school, or assigned groups from the Access Assessment Results section on the CERS landing page.
- To download a file containing student results, LEAs can select the [Custom Aggregate Report] button and customize a yearly, longitudinal, claim or domain, or target report for an LEA or school.
- To export a CSV file containing all the LEA or school assessment results that can be used for analysis in another application, LEAs can also select the [District/School Exports] button.
For more information, please refer to the CERS User Guide. Refer to the Creating Groups in the California Educator Reporting System video for a demonstration on how to create groups to allow specific users access to assigned student results.
Questions regarding ELPAC Reporting for the 2020–21 administration should be directed to CalTAC, by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at email@example.com.