Summative ELPAC: Reports and Results Available
ELPAC email update, May 23, 2022.
Dear LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
Thank you for your hard work in completing the LEA's Summative ELPAC administration! We are pleased to announce that the CDE and ETS were able to release both kindergarten through grade two (K–2) and grades three through twelve Student Score Reports (SSRs) earlier than expected thanks to the high volume of K–2 Writing Answer Books returned by LEAs.
On May 23, 2022, Summative ELPAC test results for the following students will be released:
- Students in K–12 who completed testing in all four domains and who met one of the following criteria:
- Students in K–2 whose Writing Answer Books were returned to ETS by May 12, 2022
- Students in grades three through twelve who completed testing by May 12, 2022
- Students in K–12 who were partially tested and have domain exemptions assigned to the not-tested domain(s)
After the first release of results on May 23, 2022, the ongoing release of K–12 SSRs will occur every Tuesday and Friday.
Results will be released in the following locations:
- Test Operations Management System (TOMS)
- California Educator Reporting System (CERS)
- LEA student information system vendor parent or student portal (available on May 24, 2022)
Reminder: ETS must receive all completed K–2 Writing Answer Books to be scored. LEAs must ship materials to ETS on or before June 15, 2022, to access Student Score Reports (SSRs) by August 2022.
Test Operations Management System (TOMS)
LEA ELPAC coordinators and site ELPAC coordinators will be able to use TOMS to find student results, as well as other metrics such as reporting percentages and score status.
- The MyTOMS at a Glance SSR Status widget shows the percentage and number of SSRs released for the LEA on the home page of TOMS.
- The [Score Status] tab of a student's profile in TOMS now allows users to access score status information, including the score availability date, condition codes, and recent Security and Test Administration Incident Reporting System Appeals, for an individual student by domain.
- The [Reporting] tab of a student's profile in TOMS allows users to view the reporting language of the student's SSR, the date the SSR was made available, as well as a link to download the SSR PDF in English or another language when available.
- Users can access and download SSRs individually or as one large file. Resources include the following:
- How to Download Student Score Reports (SSRs) in TOMS video
- How to Bulk Download Student Score Reports quick reference guide
- ELPAC SSRs can be provided to parents/guardians electronically, as PDFs, through a locally provided parent or student portal or through another chosen method of local distribution. LEAs should also have a process in place for emails that bounce back, to ensure that parents/guardians receive their child's SSR.
- Contact the LEA's portal provider for instructions on accessing electronic SSRs. For more information about electronic SSRs, refer to the ELPAC Student Score Report (SSR) Options web page.
- SSRs can also be printed locally. LEAs planning to mail SSRs to parents/guardians should ensure the mailing address in CALPADS is correct and up to date.
Student Score Data File
The student data file will be available in the "Reports" section of TOMS. LEAs will be able to download the student data file in two report types:
- Enrolled LEA file: data on students who were enrolled in the LEA as of the date the file was created
- Tested LEA file: data on students who tested with the LEA during the 2021–22 school year as of the date the file was created
ELPAC Student Score Data File and Layout
The 2021–22 Summative ELPAC and Alternate ELPAC Operational Field Test Student Data File Layout is available in TOMS when users select Summative ELPAC and Alt ELPAC Op FT Student Score Data File from the Available Reports list. The student data file layout includes field descriptions, acceptable values for fields, and data sources.
Follow the steps outlined in the Summative ELPAC and Alt ELPAC Op FT Student Score Data File web page. Please note that the score data file for LEAs will be available in Excel format. For larger LEAs, the Excel file will be split into multiple tabs.
California Educator Reporting System (CERS)
CERS houses individual student results as well as partial aggregated results at the group, school, and LEA levels. Please note that, prior to the release of all student results in the fall, the aggregated results available in CERS are partial and may not be an accurate representation of the LEA's final aggregated results. Final aggregated results may be higher or lower than the partial results posted to CERS; the partial results are not appropriate for public release but may be used for local planning purposes.
Accessing Information in CERS
- LEAs can access CERS using a TOMS user account. Once in CERS, LEAs can search by student, school, or assigned groups from the "Access Assessment Results" section on the CERS landing page.
- To download a file containing student results, LEAs can select the [Custom Aggregate Report] button and customize a yearly, longitudinal, claim or domain, or composite score report for an LEA or school.
- To export a CSV file containing all the LEA or school assessment results that can be used for analysis in another application, LEAs can also select the [District/School Exports] button.
For more information, please refer to the CERS User Guide . Refer to the Creating Groups in the California Educator Reporting System (CERS) video for a demonstration on how to create groups to allow specific users access to assigned student results.
Direct any questions about ELPAC reporting for the 2021–22 administration to the LEA's assigned Success Agent . Visit the California Outreach web page for other support options.
California Outreach Team
Contact Us: California Outreach web page