Summative ELPAC: Grades Three Through Twelve Reports and Results Available
ELPAC email update, May 8, 2023.
Dear LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
Thank you for your hard work in completing testing early in the Summative ELPAC testing window! Because of your efforts, ETS has acquired a sufficient number of completed tests to conduct quality control processes and release results.
On May 9, 2023, Summative ELPAC test results for the following students will be released:
- Students in grades three through twelve who completed testing in all four domains and who were ready to be reported by May 2, 2023
- Students in grades three through twelve who have domain exemptions assigned and completed testing in all remaining domains
After the first release of results on May 9, 2023, new grade three through twelve Student Score Reports (SSRs) will be released every weekday. This is more frequent than in prior years.
Results will be released in the following locations:
- Test Operations Management System (TOMS) on May 9
- LEA student information system vendor parent or student portal on May 10
- California Educator Reporting System (CERS) tentatively on May 30
- To be able to report K–2 results, it is critical that LEAs return completed K–2 Writing Answer Books to ETS as soon as possible for scoring. Moreover, to receive SSRs by August 2023, the last date to ship completed K–2 Answer Books to ETS is June 15, 2023.
- English learners who are currently enrolled in the 2022–23 Summative ELPAC and Summative Alternate ELPAC window and are not going to test because of meeting the reclassification criterion, should be reclassified as soon as possible. It takes at least 48 hours to process an updated English Learner Acquisition Status (ELAS) change in CALPADS that then feeds into TOMS. Reclassifications should be completed at least one week before the window closes on May 31, 2023.
LEA ELPAC coordinators and site ELPAC coordinators will be able to use TOMS to find student results as well as other metrics such as reporting percentages and score status.
- The MyTOMS at a Glance SSR Status widget shows the percentage and number of SSRs released for the LEA on the TOMS home page.
- The [Score Status] tab of a student's profile in TOMS now allows the user to access score status information for an individual student by domain that includes the following details:
- Score availability date
- Condition code(s)
- Recent Security and Test Administration Incident Reporting System Appeals
- The [Reporting] tab of a student's profile in TOMS allows the user to access reporting information for an individual student that includes the following details:
- Reporting language of the student's SSR
- Date the SSR was made available
- A link to download the SSR PDF in English or another language (when available)
- Users can access and download SSRs individually or multiple SSRS as one large file. Resources include the following:
- How to Download Student Score Reports (SSRs) in TOMS video
- How to Bulk Download Student Score Reports quick reference guide
- ELPAC SSRs can be provided to parents/guardians electronically, as PDFs, through a locally provided parent or student portal or through another chosen method of local distribution. LEAs should also have a process in place for emails that bounce back to ensure that parents/guardians receive their child's SSR.
- Contact the LEA's portal provider for instructions on accessing electronic SSRs. For more information about electronic SSRs, refer to the Options for Distributing SSRs section in the CAASPP and ELPAC Scoring and Reporting Guide.
- SSRs can also be printed locally. LEAs planning to send SSRs to parents/guardians should ensure the mailing address is correct and up to date.
Student Score Data File
The student data file will be available in the [Reports] tab of TOMS. LEA users will be able to download the student data file in two report types:
- Enrolled LEA file: data on students who were enrolled in the LEA as of the date the file was created
- Tested LEA file: data on students who tested with the LEA during the 2022–23 school year as of the date the file was created
ELPAC Student Score Data File and Layout
The 2022–23 Summative ELPAC and Summative Alternate ELPAC Student Data File Layout is available in TOMS when users select Summative ELPAC and Summative Alternate ELPAC Student Score Data File from the Available Reports list. The student data file layout includes field descriptions, acceptable values for fields, and data sources.
Follow the steps outlined in the Summative ELPAC and Summative Alternate ELPAC Student Score Data File subsection in the TOMS User Guide . Please note that the score data file for LEAs will be available in Excel format. For larger LEAs, the Excel file will be split into multiple tabs.
CERS houses individual student results as well as partial aggregated results at the group, school, and LEA levels. Please note that ELPAC student results for K–12 will be available in CERS tentatively on May 30, when the K–2 results are planned for release.
California Outreach Team
Contact Us: California Outreach web page