CAASPP and ELPAC—Extension of Testing Window Approved
CAASPP and ELPAC email update, April 9, 2021.
Dear LEA CAASPP Coordinator or LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
During the California State Board of Education (SBE) meeting on March 17, 2021, the SBE recommended the extension of the statewide testing window to July 30, 2021, for both the CAASPP and ELPAC administrations. This recommendation is now approved, and local educational agencies (LEAs) can plan accordingly.
Student Eligibility Requirements
The following is a list of the criteria for testing students within the extended testing window:
- Students must remain enrolled in the current school and grade in CALPADS.
- Do not exit a student from CALPADS before July 1, 2021 if the student will be testing during this extended window.
- Any student enrolled in the LEA on or after July 1, 2021, will not be eligible to test during the extended testing window.
The following list provides additional information about extending the LEA's selected CAASPP testing window:
- The CAASPP will be available through July 30, 2021, but the LEA's selected testing window(s) is not extended automatically.
- LEA CAASPP coordinators must contact CalTAC at least two days prior to the end of the LEA's selected testing window to take advantage of the opportunity to extend this window.
- To avoid demographic discrepancies in reporting, LEAs should not exit students they plan to test during the extended window from participation in programs such as Special Education and Free and Reduced Lunch before July 1, 2021.
- The 2021–22 Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments will now launch on August 17, 2021.
Note the following about the extension of the ELPAC testing window:
- No action is needed to extend the Summative ELPAC testing window.
- The Summative ELPAC testing window will be available for all LEAs through July 30, 2021.
- For the 2020–21 Initial ELPAC administration, all responses and scores for a student must be entered into the Teacher Hand Scoring System and Data Entry Interface by June 30, 2021. Failure to do so will result in students not receiving a student score report and having to retake the Initial ELPAC the following year.
- The Initial ELPAC testing window for the 2021–22 administration year will open on July 6, 2021.
- The Initial ELPAC will not be available to administer from July 1 to July 6, 2021 to allow for the transition to the new school year.
Questions regarding testing windows for the CAASPP or ELPAC administrations should be directed to CalTAC, by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at email@example.com.