ELPAC: March Monthly Update
ELPAC email update, March 1, 2022.
ELPAC Communication: March 2022
This communication includes information about the Initial, Summative, and Alternate ELPAC.
- Direct questions about policies, regulations, and requirements to email@example.com.
- Contact your region's Success Agent for answers to questions about assessment coordination, development, and administration, as well as for technical support.
- Direct questions about the Moodle Training Site (Moodle) , certification, and calibration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternate ELPAC Window Extended to May 31
The Alternate ELPAC operational field test window has been extended to May 31, 2022. All eligible students must take the Alternate ELPAC operational field test. Eligibility is determined by the student's individualized education program team.
The California Department of Education continues to need LEAs to administer the Alternate ELPAC to English only (EO) students with the most significant cognitive disabilities. LEAs are encouraged to test as many EO students as possible. LEAs will be provided a stipend of $150 per valid EO student tested. Email email@example.com for more information.
March 11: Return K–2 Writing Answer Books
The next date to request a pickup of completed kindergarten through grade two (K–2) Writing Answer Books for returning to ETS for scoring is March 11, 2022. Please follow the Summative ELPAC Packing and Return Instructions. For a list of all pickup dates, please refer to the List of Key Dates table. The sooner LEAs return K–2 Writing Answer Books, the sooner ETS is able to complete the quality-control process to release Student Score Reports.
March 15: Initial ELPAC Administration and Scoring Training
The mandatory statewide Moodle training for the 2022–23 Initial ELPAC administration will include new and improved content and organization based on feedback from the field. The training binder remains unchanged. Starting March 15, 2022, LEAs with a new coordinator or trainer may request printed copies of the training binder. The Initial ELPAC Moodle training opens on April 25, 2022.
April 1: Designate an LEA ELPAC Coordinator
The superintendent designation process for 2022–23 ELPAC testing must be completed as soon as possible in the Test Operations Management System . The deadline to designate the LEA ELPAC coordinator is April 1, 2022.
To register or find additional details about the training, including dates, times, or content, visit the ELPAC Training Opportunities web page.
March 11: Coffee Sessions, 2–3 p.m.
Summative ELPAC Administration Continues
The Summative ELPAC test administration window is February 1 through May 31, 2022. Test examiners should
- complete the Summative ELPAC Speaking certification in Moodle for the grade levels or grade spans they are administering;
- access the Directions for Administration corresponding to the LEA's forms assignment ; and
- enter scores into the Data Entry Interface immediately after administration of the Speaking domain.
Summative ELPAC Form Assignments
Students who move from one LEA to another do not have to complete all domains using the same form.
- A student who started and did not finish a domain at the previous LEA will complete the domain using the form assigned to the previous LEA.
- A student who did not start a domain or who has completed a domain will complete all other domains using the form assigned to the new LEA.
Alternate ELPAC Operational Field Test Post-Test Survey
Feedback from the field is used to continuously improve assessments and implement suggested changes. We invite you to participate in the Alternate ELPAC Operational Field Test Post-Test Survey after the test has been administered to all eligible students. Targeted reminders will be sent to LEA ELPAC coordinators and site ELPAC coordinators when the LEA completes testing for all eligible students.
Manuals, Instructions, and Quick Reference Guides
- Remote Testing Features for Students flyer
- Alternate ELPAC SSR Cover Letter Template in English web document
- Summative ELPAC SSR Cover Letter Template in English web document
Web Page Updates
- ELPAC and Alternate ELPAC Opportunities to Get Involved web page
- Forms Assignment for the 2021–22 Summative ELPAC Administration web page
- Summative ELPAC Test Administration web page
- System Enhancements web page
- 2021–22 Pretest Virtual Training Series playlist
- Data-Driven Decision-Making for Educational Leaders archived training
Previous ELPAC Monthly Communications
Previous ELPAC monthly communications, as well as other email communications, can be found on the ELPAC Coordinator Emails web page.
California Outreach Team
Contact Us: California Outreach web page