2019-2020 Summative ELPAC Administration Results Available Now
ELPAC email update, January 13, 2021.
Dear LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
The final results for the 2019–2020 Summative ELPAC administration are now available. This email describes what is reported for the 2019–2020 Summative ELPAC administration, the requirements for a student to receive a score and a Student Score Report (SSR), and what information is included in the student-level data file.
Local educational agencies (LEAs) can access all Summative ELPAC results, including electronic SSRs and the Summative Student Score Data Extract Reports, in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) and the California Educator Reporting System (CERS) .
Please note the following about these results:
- Reports include test results for students in kindergarten through grade twelve who took the 2019–2020 Summative ELPAC this year.
- SSRs are also produced for students who completed and submitted all four domains of the computer-based Summative ELPAC (this includes the receipt of kindergarten through grade two [K–2] Writing Answer Books)
- Student Score Data Extract Reports include all results of the partially-tested, completed-testing, and not-tested students eligible for the Summative ELPAC.
- For students to receive results, LEAs must have entered Speaking domain scores into the Data Entry Interface by the October 30, 2020, deadline.
- For students to receive results, LEAs must have returned K–2 Answer Books by the November 16, 2020, deadline.
Accessing Electronic SSRs
Users can access the electronic SSR PDFs by selecting the [Reports] tab on the top navigation bar, then the Summative ELPAC Student Score Reports PDFs option from the list of options, and then the [2019–2020 Administration] tab. There will be SSRs for newly enrolled students will also be part of these downloads.
- Bulk Download: SSR PDFs can be downloaded by school, grade, date, assessment, and language. They can also be downloaded in one large file or in individual files. Select the Merge File option and then the [REQUEST REPORT] button to download one combined PDF containing all the selected SSR PDFs.
- Individual Download: LEAs can also access and download individual SSRs. Enter the student's Statewide Student Identifier (SSID) and select the [REQUEST REPORT] button to download an individual SSR.
Accessing the ELPAC Student Score Data Extract Report
The Student Score Data Extract Report will include files containing records for all students eligible for the 2019–2020 Summative ELPAC. The Summative ELPAC 2019–2020 Student Data File Layout may be helpful in understanding the Student Score Data Extract Report as it includes field descriptions, acceptable values for fields, and data sources.
Take the following steps to access the ELPAC Student Score Data Extract Report in TOMS :
- Log on to TOMS using a user role in the 2020–2021 administration year.
- Select the [Reports] tab in the top navigation bar.
- Select the [LEA Reports] tab from the top menu bar.
- Select Summative Student Score Data Extract Report from the Available Reports list shown.
- Select the 2019–2020 administration year from the Administration Year drop-down list.
- Select By Enrolled LEA or By Tested LEA from the Report Type drop-down list. Newly enrolled student results will be available in the "Enrolled LEA" file.
- Select the [REQUEST NEW REPORT] button.
Accessing Information in CERS
- To obtain partial aggregated results at the group, school, and LEA levels for the ELPAC, go to the Score Reports section of CERS .
- To view these results, LEAs can access CERS using a TOMS user account.
- To access these results, LEAs can search by student, school, or assigned groups from the Access Assessment Results section on the CERS landing page.
- To download a file containing student results, LEAs can select the [Custom Aggregate Report] button and customize a yearly, longitudinal, or domain report for an LEA or school.
- To export a CSV file containing all the LEA or school assessment results that can be used for analysis in another application, LEAs can also select the [District/School Exports] button.
- To find more information, please refer to the CERS User Guide .
Questions regarding Summative ELPAC SSRs for the 2019–2020 administration should be directed to CalTAC, by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at email@example.com.