CAASPP and ELPAC: Systems Resume
CAASPP and ELPAC email update, January 12, 2021.
Dear LEA CAASPP Coordinator or LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
CAASPP and ELPAC systems have resumed operation after being updated to support 2020–21 CAASPP and ELPAC testing. The following items contain further details about the updated system features.
- The California Alternate Assessments (CAAs) for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics are available in the secure test delivery system (TDS). The Directions for Administration (DFAs) for the CAAs are available in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) .
- The California Science Test is available in the secure TDS.
- The California Spanish Assessment is available in the secure TDS.
- The Smarter Balanced ELA and mathematics tests will be available on February 22, 2021, as approved by the California State Board of Education with a shift to an adjusted test form. A local educational agency (LEA) will have access to the summative CAASPP after 66 percent of the LEA's instructional year has passed.
- Starting January 15, 2021, LEA ELPAC coordinators will be able to place supplemental orders in TOMS for the 2020–21 Summative ELPAC.
- The computer-based Summative ELPAC will be available starting February 1, 2021.
- The MyTOMS at a Glance test status widgets now include CAASPP and the Summative ELPAC.
- The DFAs for the CAAs and ELPAC are available for download in the [Resources] tab.
- The 2020–21 Completion Status Reports are available for CAASPP and the Summative ELPAC.
- The Security and Test Administration Incident Reporting System is available for CAASPP and the Summative ELPAC.
- The Initial ELPAC Student Eligibility Report has been updated to show students who did not test at least 75 days from enrollment.
- The Online Reporting System has been retired. All test results will be available in the California Educator Reporting System (CERS), a full-service solution for interim and summative assessment results for the CAASPP and ELPAC. Note that results for the Initial ELPAC will not be stored in CERS.
Questions regarding 2020–21 scheduled downtimes and releases should be directed to CalTAC, by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.