CAASPP and ELPAC: Systems Resume
ELPAC email update, January 11, 2022.
Dear LEA CAASPP Coordinator or LEA ELPAC Coordinator:
CAASPP and ELPAC systems have resumed operation after being updated to support 2021–22 CAASPP and ELPAC summative testing. Further details about the updated system features follow.
- The following CAASPP summative assessments are available in the secure test delivery system (TDS):
- The CAASPP Smarter Balanced for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics tests
- The California Science Test (CAST)
- The California Alternate Assessments (CAAs) for ELA and mathematics
- The California Spanish Assessment (CSA)
- An LEA will have access to the CAASPP assessments listed above after 66 percent of the LEA's instructional year has passed, or when the LEA's selected test window identified in TOMS begins, except the CSA which has a static testing window.
- The Directions for Administration (DFAs) for the CAAs are available in the [Resources] tab in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) .
- Performance Tasks for the Smarter Balanced assessments for ELA and mathematics, including the interim assessments, will now have an expiration timeline of 15 calendar days instead of 10. Smarter Balanced still recommends that students complete the summative PT within three days of starting in each content area.
- The computer-based Summative ELPAC will be available in the secure TDS from February 1 through May 31, 2022.
- In-person and remote testing Summative ELPAC DFAs are now available in the [Resources] tab in TOMS.
- Summative ELPAC Writing domain remote testing administration materials are now available for download in the [Resources] tab in TOMS. This includes Teacher Answer Book PDFs and Student Writing Response Sheets.
- Starting January 14, 2022, LEA ELPAC coordinators will be able to place supplemental orders in TOMS for the 2021–22 Summative ELPAC.
CAASPP and ELPAC
The following features are now available in TOMS for the CAASPP summative assessments and the Summative ELPAC:
- The MyTOMS at a Glance test status widgets
- The 2021–22 Completion Status Reports
- The Security and Test Administration Incident Reporting System
Please notify all users within the LEA of relevant system updates. System downtime dates are available on both the CAASPP Planned System Downtime web page and the ELPAC Planned System Downtime web page.
LEA CAASPP coordinators and LEA ELPAC coordinators should direct questions regarding 2021–22 scheduled downtimes and releases to their LEA Success Agent .
California Outreach Team
Contact Us: California Outreach web page